Sundays from 10:05-10:50
What’s Your god language?
- This class is based on the book, What’s Your God Language?This class will explore the nine types of spiritual temperaments and what disciplines and faith expressions that fit best with each unique temperament (or blend of temperaments).
- Lead instructors: Mary Lee and Bev Bentley
Bible study based on daily lectionary reading
- “Each Sunday the study will be taken from a reading of the week before from The Daily Office http://dailyofficelectionary.com/ On Thursday of each week all class participants who have submitted an email address will receive the Scripture reference and lesson plan for that ensuing Sunday. Lead instructor: Samuel Fisher
Rooted in Our Community Guest speakers
- We have invited guest speakers for each week of this session whose expertise and work coincides with Pastor Ben’s sermon series. Guest speakers include: CASA, Nancy Smith, Friends from NAMI, Dan Thompson, Donna Hegvik, Bob Tonsing, Ann Long, and more!
- Come learn the basics of singing and choral music.
- Fun for ages 14 – 114! Lead instructor: Neal Figueroa
- A DVD curriculum that will empower parents to be the primary nurturers of their children’s faith and teach them how to create a home environment that God can use to work in their children’s lives.
Youth and Adults
Following Jesus in a Selfie-Centered World – Adults are welcome and encouraged to attend this class as we explore how to be a Christ follower in the midst of cultural distractions
Sunday Morning Adult Study
In addition to Men’s and Women’s Bible Studies throughout the week and the month, First Pres will be resuming it’s robust offerings for Adults on Sunday mornings beginning this Fall (August 20).
For those who want to participate in a more casual setting, join us for “Coffee and Conversation” in the Fellowship Hall.
Past Classes Include
Five Love Languages
Christianity and Islam
Artisan Bread Making
The Bible and Brahms’s Requiem
You and Your Spiritual Gifts
Intro to Handbells